Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Purposeful Life?

Lately I have been in a rut. I have been on edge, tired, bored and just plain not feeling like myself. I feel like there is more out there for me but I am not sure what it is yet. I have felt that way for a while and now I am to the point where I am just unhappy of where my life is at this moment.

I feel like I have been waiting forever for that opportunity that would fill my life with purpose. Yes, I said waiting…. That is precisely why I am still stuck. I have been waiting for someone else to give my life purpose when I am the only one that can create that.



I want to make a difference in people’s lives. I want to have something to look forward to each day. I want to wake up with a smile every morning.

I thought that the only way to provide meaning was to lose a little weight and then I would be happy and things would turn around. I have finally come to realize that that will not make me happy.

I am not in the right mindset to even really work on losing that little bit of weight that I want. The success of your journey in life is completely mental. You have to be in the right mindset to succeed.

I try all the time to make my health a priority but something always comes up… always. And I realized yesterday that I need to make my mental state a priority first. (ha! That makes me sound a wee bit insane… my mental state)

I just know that if I want to succeed in my career, my relationships, my life… I HAVE to take care of myself. I HAVE to be priority numero uno! I just have to be.

It’s about time I get out of my own way!

I know that I am capable of great things. I know that I can achieve anything I want. Yet, I sit here and watch everyone else get and do what I want. I am the only one to blame for that.

Risk is scary but that is the only thing that will get you where you want. Sitting in your comfort zone may be all nice and cozy but you are missing out!! I am missing out! And I am sick of it.

I am beginning by working on my mental state. I am working on feeling better about me before I try to make all sorts of drastic changes. Those changes will never stick if I don’t love me first.

I have begun meditating again. It is a great way for me to focus on myself. Does anyone else meditate?


How do you take care of yourself? 

xoxo, 

No comments:

Post a Comment