Friday, December 6, 2013

Sisters

Sometimes I feel down. Sometimes I feel stuck. Sometimes I feel desperate. Sometimes I just need to cry to someone. Sometimes I don’t know where to turn.

Life doesn’t always seem to deal me the easiest deck of cards.

I don’t always know how to handle what is given to me.

I get frustrated. Scared. Mad.

I shut myself off from those I love because, for some reason, I get this thought in my head that they don’t want to hear what I am going through.

And just when I am ready to call it quits someone pulls me up. They pick me back up, dust me off, smile and tell me, “I’m here.”   Hugging me with no intention of letting go.

Those angels are my sisters, Kimie and Sar.

These two amazing women have seen me at my best; at my worst…. Yet they never cease to love me, to be there for me.  No matter if they agree or not with my decisions, they never pass judgment.

One of them always seems to know when I need them. It is a crazy thing.

Today, I was thinking about Kimie and how I wanted to call her but I had decided I would do it later.  About an hour later she called me.

She let me vent to her and she said, “Meg, I don’t have all the answers either but you have to keep moving forward.”

But the thing that she didn’t understand was that I wasn’t looking for answers from her…. all I needed was what she was already doing… listening.

Simply listening to what I have to say is some of the best medicine in my book.

I remember when Sar told me, “Meg, I’m your sister. I love you. I want you to come to me when you are down.”

It’s really nice to know that I have them to turn to whenever I need someone.

I love these two more than they will ever know.


God sure blessed me with bestest of friends ever. 

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment